AIM is an Islamic organisation empowering people through education, activism, and recreational activities. It is a non-profit organisation founded in 2003 in the United Kingdom.
AIM exists to further the religion of Islam as taught by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) and the Ahlulbayt (as) in accordance with the Shia Ithna Ashari School of Thought and to bring about a social movement to hasten the return of the Awaited Saviour, Imam Al-Mahdi (atf).
The AIM outlook is guided by Islamic principles and believes in the importance of:
– Islamic Community – Ummah
– Islamic Leadership – Wilayah
– Islamic Law – Shariah
– Propagating Islam – Dawah
AIM believes that for salvation to be attained, aspirations must centre on the preparation for the promised saviour, Imam Al-Mahdi (atf). Inspired by the Islamic teachings, our activities focus on grassroot empowerment. This approach has enabled AIM to build strong, healthy and durable relationships with diverse communities.
The objectives are:
- To further the development of English speaking Muslims through educational and recreational activities.
- To develop the skills, capacity and identity of members of the Muslim community.
- To further social harmony and prosperity by creating opportunities for people to improve their quality of life.
- To further the education and understanding of the general public on the religion of Islam.
- To promote tolerance by creating opportunities of dialogue with people of different backgrounds.
- To help young Muslims become responsible individuals and members who contribute positively to society.
- To further values of dignity, honour, justice and human rights for all people around the world.
- To relieve poverty and advance humanitarian projects.
THE AIM COMMITMENT
We at AIM are committed in our efforts to spread peace, tolerance and co-existence; and to promote social harmony as contained in our rich and abundant Islamic heritage. AIM believes that the continual pursuit of its objectives will create a better world for Muslims and non-Muslims alike.