In His Name, the Most High,
Given the serious nature of the spread of the coronavirus around the world and after consultation with experts in the field, we feel it appropriate to share the following advice:
- Generally reduce your time in public gatherings
- Avoid handshaking and hugging people when meeting
- Avoid personal contact with people who are unwell
- Avoid personal contact with people who have returned from places with a higher risk of having the virus (including the Islamic Republic of Iran)
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Wash your hands regularly with soap or sanitiser
The following are the symptoms of coronavirus:
- Dry cough
- High temperature
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
If you think you have such symptoms, call the NHS on 111 for assistance and stay indoors. In such a circumstance, please do not attend any public gatherings such as congregational prayers and programmes at the Mosque.
It is important that we all take this matter seriously by being responsible and taking precautions in order to protect the health of ourselves and the society around us.
Whilst following health advice, we also remind ourselves that Allah is the source of health and safety, and through Him this crisis will be overcome. We pray for the well-being of everyone affected and ask that the Almighty gives strength, patience and assistance in this time of need.
Ahlulbayt Islamic Mission (AIM)
29th February 2020